Basis: 52 key learnings in 52 weeks of 2016
- 1. “Desire is a contract you make with yourself to be unhappy until you get what you want.” — Naval Ravikant,
Don’t outsource your happiness to the future; choose to be happy now.
- 2. “Keep your face always towards the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.” — Walt Whitman, Essayist / Poet.
- 3. We are all investors; the currency at our disposal is time and energy.
- 12. “Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and freedom.” — Viktor Frankl, Neurologist and psychiatrist.
Wichtig: Diese Lücke erkennen und nutzen und sich die Zeit dafür nehmen, inne zu halten
- 16. Every moment spent defending our opinion is a moment lost where you can learn something new from the other person’s perspective
Bedeutet nicht, die eigene Meinung aufzugeben, aber sich der anderen zu öffnen und diese auch stehen zu lassen
- 28. If you get tired, learn to rest, not to quit.
- 41. “It is impossible for anyone to begin to learn that which he thinks he already knows.” — Epictetus, Stoic philosopher.
- 42. “Don’t treat others the way you want to be treated, treat them the way they want to be treated.” — Chris Voss, Writer / Former FBI hostage negotiator.
Diesen Fehler habe ich schon oft gemacht - hoffentlich mittlerweile seltener
- 49. You can learn a lot from your mistakes when you aren’t busy denying them.
- 53. “External things can’t fix internal issues.” — James Altucher, Entrepreneur, bestselling author,
- 54. “These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.” — Najwa Zebian, Poet.